Case Study Presentation on IP-Management at MIPLM and Survey Results on Career Impact from MIPLM Graduates
With final case study presentations, oral exams and an official dinner, the MIPLM program 2016/2017 ended in June in Strasbourg. All participants passed their exams and were happy to celebrate their master degrees in IP Law and Management. The case study presentations show the high level of theoretical IP Management understanding and practical skills that the participants achieved in the course of the program. A current survey among former participants of the last ten years showed, that the knowledge and skills which are delivered in this program are a true career booster for IP professionals.
Participants from all around the globe enjoyed the experience to get an intensive high level introduction into management and IP law – theoretically funded and with plenty of practical cases and real life examples. Some feedback from our 2016-17 participants:
“This course has given me the knowledge and tools to communicate and implement IP strategies for our clients as consulting service for our law firm, I recommend this course for everybody who wants to understand and use IP to optimize their business model”: Henrik Rode, Onsagers AS Law Firm, Oslo, Norway.
“This course gave me very strong impressions, great content, review on business strategy and needs. It helped me to think outside of my known IP box, and the program is reflecting all current issues in a wide variety of industries”: Nora Rehakova, Merck MSD IT Global Innovation Center s.r.o., Praha, Czech Republic.
“The content of this course is not only very relevant, it even encompasses ways to implement these strategies and methodologies. In my view, the MIPLM provided to me a kind of ‘brainwash’ which enables a new, meaningful and business orientated perspective on IP”, Thomas Lück, Fujitsu Technology GmbH, Munich, Germany.
“This program is very relevant for public institutions in innovation ecosystems. It gives me to explain efficiently the role of IP to innovation strategies from a public point of view. I recommend this course to national delegations at WIPO”, Nelson José Campos, Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores, Santiago, Chile.
At the same time, the Alumni-Organization of the Master Program for Intellectual Property Law and Management MIPLM at the University of Strasbourg, Center for International Intellectual Property Studies, I3PM, the International Institute for Intellectual Property Management made a survey amongst their members to investigate their experience with the knowledge and skills they received within the MIPLM program. The former participants of the course (which is continuously running for over ten years now) do not only think, that content is still relevant and interesting – they agree to a high degree that the skills which they gained during the MIPLM program provided them with new dimensions of IPR and were useful in their daily work.
Please watch the final case study presentations held by the 2016-17 participants:
On Organization & IP Investment Controlling, presented by
- Nelson José Campos, Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores, Santiago, Chile
- Theoni Fotopoulou, KLC Law firm, Athens, Greece
- François Guette, STMicroelectronics, Rousset, France
- Nora Rehakova, Merck MSD IT Global Innovation Center s.r.o., Praha, Czech Republic
- Alain Werner, SANOFI, Montpellier, France
- Andrea Crottini, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Telmo Figueiredo, DUPONT Nutrition Biosciences Aps, Copenhague, Denmark
- Charlotte Hubert, RENAULT S.A.S., Boulogne Billancourt, France
- Huamei Qui, Ella Cheong IP Agency Company LTD, Beijing, China
- Hendrik M. Rode, Onsagers AS, Oslo, Norway
- Hiroe Aso, Kyushu Tlo Company LTD, Fukuoka, Japan
- Juan Luis Astray Riveiro, Patent Engineer, Madrid, Spain
- Thomas Lück, Fujitsu Technology GmbH, Munich, Germany
- Bojana Portmann, AC Immune SA, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Alexandre Piurrier, Techip France, Courbevoie, France
- Clara Neppel, European Patent Office, Munich, Germany
10th Year Anniversary Celebration of MIPLM and I3PM at WIPO in Geneva. Announcement and program are available here: